by Mythos Books, a brand new 76 page magazine dedicated to the life
and work of Robert E. Howard. This magazine features articles from both
Howard fans and scholars; and presents artwork by Gary Gianni and others.
This magazine is one of the best looking Howard related publications
to appear on the scene in recent years. Definitely worth buying for
both the articles and artwork.
- Introduction by Ben Szumskyj
- ''An Introduction to the Life and Works of Robert E. Howard'' and
an interview with Glenn Lord by Joe Marek;
- an untitled fantasy/Cthulhu Mythos style story featuring John O'Dare
by Robert E. Howard;
- ''A Short History of the Conan Typescripts'' by Patrice Louniet;
- ''The Devil's Woodchopper'' by Robert E. Howard;
- "Pages from 'As the Poet Says''' by Rusty Burke with Leo Grin;
- ''Three Autobiographical Letters'' by Robert E. Howard (to ARGOSY,
and to Farnsworth Wright, and to Wilfred Blanch Talman;
- ''And in This Corner, Hailing from Nazareth, or, What the Eddas
Don't Tell You'' by Scott Sheaffer (on Robert E. Howard's pagan/Viking/Celtic
- ''Double Cross'' by Robert E. Howard (an Ace Jessel & John Taverel
- ''Am-Ra: Howard's Lost Hero'' by Ben Szumskyj;
- ''The Right Hook No. 1 Vol. 1'' by Robert E. Howard, introduced
by Tom Munnerlyn (unpublished Robert E. Howard material from a zine
produced by a nineteen-year old Robert E. Howard);
- ''Some People Who Have Had
Influence Over Me'' by Robert E. Howard (a high school essay);
- afterword by Ben Szumskyj.
- Profusely illustrated by Gary Gianni, Rick Cortes, Mark Schultz,
Rick McCollum, David Burton .
Price is $15.00.
Order from Mythos Books at:
Conduct a search using the title to find the magazine.
Publisher: USA Mythos Books LLC 2003
ISBN Number: 0972854509